Saturday, March 1, 2014

Loved It and Hated It Too

The Governor's Sons

I've read this book a total of 10 times. I gave this book four stars. I hurt for Kitty and hated Ash alot at times. First I thought he didn't love Kitty but now I understand with the circumstances of their situation he really did. In the end he was willing to put her happiness above his own because he loved her.I realize for blacks and whites who were really in love back then they were limited with very few choices. I suppose his losing Kitty and having to son give up his son. The last real connection to Kitty outside of the memories he held onto pushed deep down and away in his heart created fear of loss. You can tell he didn't recover from his loss of Kitty. Leading to the fear of losing another he loved. His wife and kids. Overall a good read

No comments:

Post a Comment